If you are trying to lose weight, chances are good that you are counting calories, ticking off fat grams, and many other things to bring you ever closer to the ideal weight you have dreamed of. Everything but everything is measured, right down to the calories you burn while eating. This especially goes for the things you do in the gym. But if you are like so many other people you are probably getting either more curious or desperate, or both, for the caloric burn of each and everything you do, including using a sauna or steam bath.
The problem, however, quickly becomes, does sitting in a sauna or steam bath burn calories? The honest answer is, well, yes and no.
First of all, what you are doing in a steam bath does matter, so if you are thinking of exercising while in a steam bath, don’t. Many studies have shown that doing exercises, besides slow movement, can overstress your heart. The range of movement types of actions, on the other hand, can help you while in a steam bath.
But the real question remains, do steam baths burn calories? Plainly, yes. As anyone who has ever tried to lose weight can testify, losing that weight comes down to burning calories, which is done by increasing your metabolism, which is where exercise comes in.
Fortunately, exercise isn’t the only way to speed up your metabolism. Studies have shown that regular use of a steam bath does help with your weight management goals. The heat and hot steam in a steam bath increases blood flow by stimulating the lymphatic system which, in turn, speeds up your metabolism. A higher metabolic rate means that your body is not only given a kick start by a steam bath but the revving that a steam bath gives you will keep your body burning calories at a higher rate per day than you would have otherwise.
The bottom line is that although a sauna or steam bath is no substitute for a good exercise and diet program, as far as contributing to your hard won efforts, there are few additions that would help like a good steam bath. Not only that but to immerse yourself in hot steam and water is a feeling that is hard to top, wherever you are enjoying it. A good steam bath from perfectbath.com could be just the thing the doctor ordered for you to look and feel so much better. Not only that, but you’ll probably feel as good as you can while enjoying it too.
Contributed by: Aaron Gruenke foremost expert in Saunas and Steam Showers.
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Do Steam Showers and Saunas Burn Calories?
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?
- Steam Saunas Vs Far Infrared Saunas – What’s the Difference?