Best Oils for Herbal Aroma Therapy in Steam Showers
Regardless of the time or culture, people have understood the benefits of using steam baths for their health. This is true not only to experience the physical but the mental benefits of relaxation as well. It doesn’t matter whether you are experiencing a physical problem such as achy, tired muscles or respiratory distress, constant mental tension or just a hard day at the office, a steam bath can help. It stands to reason, however, that once a steam bath has helped to open pores, adding oils to your self-therapy will add to those benefits.
A steam bath provides a gentle and natural way to open pores, and allow botanicals to work their magic in every part of your body. Open pores allow oils access to the lower levels of cells in your skin. Steam also facilitates deeper breathing, which allows you to take in oils and herbs to be breathed with ease.
To infuse the steam for your shower into the steam generator, take a handful of each dried herb or just a teaspoon of pure essential oils to the water prior to heating it.
Eucalyptus – use about 1/2 cup of fresh or 1/3 cup dried. The oils from the plant will be released into the hot water, and the steam is helpful in supporting and clearing your respiratory system.
Thyme – use about 1/2 cup of fresh thyme or 1/4 cup dried. This can be very relaxing and don’t worry about smelling like a pork roast either.
Pine Needles – Use about 1/2 cup of pine needles (or just snip off a few inches of a pine branch).
Peppermint – Use about 1 cup of fresh peppermint leaves or 1/3 cup dried, or 2 or 3 peppermint tea bags.
Herbs can be used alone or mixed. Eucalyptus and peppermint make a relaxing and wonderful combination.
Also, consider adding calming, soothing herbs, such as chamomile and lavender, to help with a feeling of general well-being. This combination is particularly attractive when you add a measure of rose hips as well.
A steam bath is a wonderful detox regimen for whatever is ailing you. Steam will cause your body to sweat, carrying out toxins, which can benefit your liver and other organs. You can also use a steam shower to give you the cleansing effects of the heat and water along with the herbs. One herb that is especially good for acting as a diuretic and encourage your body to expel uric acid is juniper essential oil.
Want to really go for the gusto? During an oil-infused steam bath, apply an herbal face mask with rose and chamomile.
Contributed by: Perfectbath
- How to Upgrade Your Shower Experience
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?