Is Taking a Steam Bath Daily Healthy?
Numerous medical studies have proved that steam baths provide many health and beauty benefits. A steam bath not only opens pores that allow impurities to leave the body, but it will improve circulation, soothe achy joints and relaxes tired muscles. In a vast majority of cases, how often people use steam baths is a personal matter, but the question still remains, is a daily steam bath healthy? Fortunately, the answer is yes…but.
In colonial times, Benjamin Franklin took daily steam baths by an open window. He believed that once the steam drew toxins from the body, fresh air would cause them to evaporate. In colonial times, hot baths with lots of steam were the prescribed treatment for many ailments.
Not much has changed from colonial times to the present. There are many people who enjoy the health–and social–benefits offered with steam baths. Fortunately, many medical practitioners endorse this, but with a caveat: watch the duration.
Generally speaking, a daily steam bath taken by a healthy person poses no health risks. The danger that hides in the shadows is when there are extenuating health circumstances that might be affected by those steam baths. For example, people with heart ailments should exercise caution when using steam baths due to the added stress posed by such a regimen. This is not to say that they should not use steam baths, just that they should exercise caution when doing so. The key, in these cases, is held by that patient’s doctor, who should be consulted prior to using a steam bath.
Even for people who are generally heathy, however, the duration of steam baths–not necessarily their frequency–should be kept at 20-30 minutes per day. Doing this every day by a healthy person should pose no health risks.
At Perfectbath.com, we’re not in the business of dispensing medical advice. The only person who should be advising you in such situations is your physician. We can point to the numerous benefits that have been and continue to be enjoyed by those who use steam baths for their health benefits. Further, anyone, healthy or not, should seek the advice of their physician prior to beginning a regimen of regular steam baths.
At Perfectbath.com, we can assist you with any questions you might have about steam baths and steam showers for your home. Contact us today for more information about how you can enjoy the full benefits of steam baths for both your physical and mental health right in your own home.
Contributed by:Aaron Gruenke foremost Sauna and Bath expert.
- How to Upgrade Your Shower Experience
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Do Steam Showers and Saunas Burn Calories?
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?
- Steam Saunas Vs Far Infrared Saunas – What’s the Difference?