Are you considering a steam shower as part of your bathroom remodeling project? If so, you will want to consider some ways to get a steam shower and experience restorative healing in the comfort of your own home.
Below are 3 ways to get a steam shower at home:
Update Existing Shower
A huge determining factor when it comes to the cost of a new steam shower is whether homeowners are upgrading an existing shower or installing a brand new one in their home. In some cases, updating an existing shower stall to a steam shower may be more expensive, because there are so many changes and additions that need to be made. Just some of the factors that need to be considered when upgrading to a steam shower in a bathroom remodel include:
- Ceiling: Has to be sloped to prevent dripping condensation
- Wood Sealant: All visible wood needs to be protected
- Waterproof Membrane: Needs to be installed on all backer board in the bathroom
- Fixtures: Need to be sealed to prevent water or humidity damage
- Generator: Needs to be installed within 25 feet of the shower stall
- Seals: Existing shower stalls need to upgrade their seals to keep steam inside Source: Improvenet
Built-In Steam Showers
A built-in steam room allows you some flexibility in that you can design it specifically to accommodate the locations of the plumbing and electrical hookups and the placement of the steam generator.
Much the same as a converted shower stall, any built-in steam shower should be made from materials that will stand up to the moisture and the slipperiness that comes with it. Flooring materials should have enough grip to minimize any chance for slipping. Slips not only risk injury due to falls but they also risk possible contact with the steam shower head(s) that can cause burns.
If you’re considering a built-in unit it’s a good idea to consult the right professionals to help with the job. That way you’ll be sure you’ve convered all the bases from using the right materials to including the correct components. Source: Home-Style-Choices
Modular Steam Shower Units
The quickest and easiest way to get a new steam shower is to install a modular unit. Typically priced from $3,000 to $5,000, prefabricated all-in-one modular steam shower units have integral doors, molded seats, steam dispensers, multiple showerheads, and more. In one of these, you can enjoy either a steam bath or a regular shower—and some units even have whirlpool bathtubs at the base.
Basic models are sized and configured to fit the space of a conventional bathtub/shower unit—as a result, replacing an existing tub can be done without excessive reconstruction. Most are designed for easy installation and hookup to plumbing. Source: HomeTips
After hectic office hours or working out at the gym, nothing can give you a better feeling than a great steam shower. For more information, contact us now or email us here.
- How to Upgrade Your Shower Experience
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?