Top 10 Reasons to Install a Steam Shower for Improved Health
If you believe in holistic healthcare, you can definitely benefit from a steam shower. Most athletes and natural healers swear by the evolution of steam, since it holds so many benefits for the human body.
If you do not have access to a gym with a steam room or steam shower, you should consider having one installed in your home.
#1. Removing Bacteria
Germs and bacteria will tend to build up in the human body if the individual has been exposed to communicable diseases and viruses. This can surely cause infection and inflammation if you sit back and do nothing to combat them. Hot steam will cause you to perspire so that your body will be able to rid itself of harmful bacteria through the pores of your skin.
After you finish the steam session, be sure to take a warm shower with antibacterial soap, ideally organic, so that the bacteria and germs will not be able to linger around and reenter your body.
#2. Moisturizing the Skin
Hot steam will provide the ideal humidity that is required to moisturize your skin, without causing your skin to dry out. Instead of utilizing moisturizers head to the steam room, because it is so much healthier for your skin.
#3. Improves Respiratory Circulation
Hot steam can thin mucus and lung secretions. This will improve your overall respiratory circulation so that air will be able to move in and out of the lungs freely. This will also decrease your risks of getting pneumonia.
#4. Lowers Blood Pressure
If you suffer from high blood pressure due to the buildup of sodium in your blood, you can benefit from hot steam. The hot environment will cause your body to sweat and the skin pores to open up, this in turn will aid in excreting excess sodium from your body.
#5. Mind and Body Relief
Many health ailments are caused due to stress. Both mental and physical stress can lead to problems. With steam, it is possible to soothe your body and mind while eliminating stress. Not only will your mind be cleared, but you’ll also be able to calm your muscles.
#6. Boost Metabolism
Obesity is a major problem and can cause dangerous health complications. It is vital to lose weight immediately. Steam can help, by increasing the body’s metabolism. Suffice to say, a speedier metabolism means more calories burned during the day.
#7. Cleansing the Skin
In some cases, illnesses are able to penetrate the body, by entering the skin. At the same time, acne and other skin conditions can be equally debilitating. By using a steam shower, it is possible to deeply penetrate and cleanse the skin. This can help open the pores and remove toxins.
#8. Boosting Immunity
The immune system is a vital aspect of overall health. It is essential for keeping the body clean of dangerous toxins and illnesses. If you suffer from a poor immune system, you will be much more likely to get sick. Steam can effectively boost the immune system and should be incorporated into your daily life!
#9. Can Improve Specific Health Ailments
Steam is actually an effective treatment for a variety of different health ailments. Arthritis, asthma and allergies can all be improved and potentially eliminated through the use of steam. The steam can open the airways and give you the ability to breath, without complication.
#10. Beauty Benefits
There are a handful of beauty benefits that can be reaped through the use of steam. It can be utilized to effectively treat cellulite, while also promoting the body’s production of collagen. When compared to body wraps, steam is far superior for cellulite treatment.
Although it is possible to get some of the benefits above with medications, pills and drugs can be dangerous and addictive. Through the use of steam, it is possible to reap the benefits while avoiding the negatives. Everyone, who is serious about their overall health, will want to sweat it out in a steam shower, at least once a day.
About the Author: This article was written by Will Tottle, freelance writer and blogger for Smartpricewarehouse.co.uk Has written several health-related articles that can benefit through the use of Steam rooms and Steam showers.
- How to Upgrade Your Shower Experience
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Do Steam Showers and Saunas Burn Calories?
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?
- Steam Saunas Vs Far Infrared Saunas – What’s the Difference?