It’s not hard to see why steam showers are becoming more popular in bathroom remodels. Steam showers are relaxing, rejuvenate the body and mind and clean the body better than the average shower. They’re also modern, stylish and make use of convenient technology. However, once you’ve decided you’re interested in installing a steam shower, you have to decide whether you want to build a custom steam shower or if you want to purchase a pre-built free standing steam shower.
Building a custom steam shower often involves more decision making and more purchasing of separate parts. On one hand, this could be a positive for you if you want complete control over which components go into your shower. However, this may be a stressful experience for someone who doesn’t know a lot about building a steam shower. You will have to pick out a steam shower enclosure or design the space, calculate the the appropriate sized steam generator, locate a control panel, seating and other accessories.
If you don’t use a shower enclosure, you will need to remodel the bathroom to include a shower room that is tiled and has a special door that will not let steam out into the rest of the bathroom. This can be very time consuming taking days and weeks to complete as well as these renovations will be costly. Likely in the neighborhood of $12000-$16000 or more. Granted a custom steam shower can be very luxurious but are not very well to work for small spaces largely due to the prohibitive cost of custom shower enclosures.You will also have to remodel the ceiling in the shower to be slanted so the condensation from the steam will slide down and not drip down on top of you. These decisions give you more power over the design of the shower but also raise the cost. You will also have to remotely mount the steam generator in a joining closet or other room, then run a water line to the steam generator; it will need drainage and electricity. Proper venting is a concern and a sealed membrane under your tile to prevent mold from growing and moisture damage from the steam.
It is a big mistake to think that you can take your current tiled shower enclosure and think you will just add a steam generator to transform it into a steam shower.
This is a recipe for disaster and we strongly caution against doing such a thing.
A pre-built free standing steam shower unit is an all-in-one design, which comes with really cool features already installed. These units include the steam shower enclosure, the steam generator, the control panel and usually include built-in fold-out seating or removable stools. These units are easy to install; the parts are simple to put together and the unit is plugged into the water supply and the electrical much like hooking up a washing machine. Also a nice feature is they are cost affordable for most people.
Common standard features included in steam shower units include luxury features like body massage jets, color chroma-therapy lighting, aroma-therapy systems and foot massagers. See the list below to learn more:
- FM Radio
- Surround Sound Speakers
- Built-in Seats
- Wood Stools
- Flooring and Ceiling
- Rainfall Ceiling Shower Head
- Handheld Shower Head
- Shower Enclosure
- Touch screen digital controls
- Thermostatic temperature control valves
Additionally, some steam shower units are retrofit to fit in the space of a standard bathtub or shower. They also come in various dimensions to fit your needs. They can usually be installed easily in less than a day and you have a wonder shower that will last for years with all the benefits of a more costly custom steam shower.
In the end, only you can decide what best fits your personal wants and needs; you will need to think about whether or not a custom steam shower or an all-in-one steam shower unit is the best choice for you.
Article Submitted by: Perfectbath.com
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Do Steam Showers and Saunas Burn Calories?
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?
- Steam Saunas Vs Far Infrared Saunas – What’s the Difference?