Steam showers are pricier than your average shower, but considering all the benefits, we’re sure you’ll agree that it’s worth the investment. Bearing in mind how much the cost is, as much as possible we would want to maintain the state of our newly installed steam shower as it is. The trick is to be on top of things and not wait until the damage becomes hard to fix, and to do that, follow the tips below:
Weak Steam Output
After about 20 showers its good practice to clean the steam generator
Fill the tank with between 5 to 10 grams of citric acid diluted with about 1.5 liters of warm water.
Let it set for 12 hours before turning it on to heat the water. This will vaporize the citric acid.
The steam generator will have a manual drain valve. This valve should be drained approximately every 2 months. You may have to remove any large clumps by hand. Source: Bathroomz
Inspecting for Tightness of Seals and Joints
Silicone seals, water supply joints, valves, and nozzles should be checked at least once a year. If the silicone seals are loose, replace them. Sealing the doors and walls is quite easy. Nozzles, joints, and drainage systems can be tightened or repaired using the most basic plumbing skills. Source: DoItYourself
It’s Worth It to Squeegee
Water can leave behind minerals that create a whitish haze over glass doors and tile. The longer the minerals sit, the harder they are to remove. So a quick squeegee after the last shower of the day will make cleaning easier in the long run. Source: HGTV
A Natural Alternative
A mixture of baking soda and water makes a scum-fighting scrub that many experts swear by. Measurements for the mixture will vary depending on how much you need. To get started, try using a half-cup of baking soda, and then add water as needed to make a thick paste. Using a nonabrasive sponge, scrub the glass and rinse it with vinegar. Source: Houzz
Hot, damp areas are perfect incubators for mold and mildew. After using your steam shower, open the door to dry out your bathroom, and run the exhaust fan to suck out the steam.
Every few months, flush the unit to get rid of calcium deposits. Source: Houselogic
- How to Upgrade Your Shower Experience
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Do Steam Showers and Saunas Burn Calories?
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?
- Steam Saunas Vs Far Infrared Saunas – What’s the Difference?