When designing your dream home, you shouldn’t forget to consider the tiniest of details. For example, you might never have thought twice about a faucet before, but now that you’ll be dealing with cleaning that faucet for a long time, you should find what type will work best for you. Take a look at the following:
Golden-toned brass fixtures offer a high-end look at a reasonable price. They provide sharp contrast, and a unique break from the chrome standard. However, they are high-maintenance and typically require regular polishing to prevent tarnish. Source: Networx
For an industrial look with a touch of glamor, without all the headaches of constant cleaning, stainless steel taps are a fantastic option. They give the sleek and modern look that so many people want in their bathrooms but have the added benefit of being particularly cost-effective, thanks to stainless steel not being considered to be a particularly fashionable material. It can withstand a decent scrub as well, which makes it great for fastidious cleaners. Source: Homify
Chrome is currently one of the most popular finishes because of its versatility.
- Advantages: It’s generally the most inexpensive finish. It’s a very easy finish to clean and maintain. It’s durable, easy to find and easy to match with accessories and other fixtures.
- Disadvantages: Shows water spots and fingerprints.
- Styles it works with: Almost every style.
Black faucets are becoming increasingly more popular in the bathroom, because of their ability to match other items, such as vanities and accent pieces. If you want to make a classy statement, or you are just doing a small renovation that doesn’t involve changing all aspects of your bathroom, matte black may be the perfect finish for you.
- Advantages: Easy to clean. Does not show dirt, fingerprints or water spots. It’s easy to coordinate a matte black faucet with bathroom accessories.
- Disadvantages: It’s hard to match other fixtures to it, hard to find and expensive compared with more popular finishes, such as chrome and brushed nickel.
- Styles it works with: Modern and eclectic. Source: Houzz
Get high quality bathroom fixtures at reasonable prices with a 30 day money-back guarantee when you shop from our website!